Deborah Peters, founder of Neuro Engineering Institute
Deborah Peters is the founder of the Neuro Engineering Institute, a company that serves business leaders of small and large companies. With a background in neuroscience, Deborah uses mindset strategies as her main approach to better leadership. Her business has grown from 1-1 life coaching to overall company and CEO coaching. Deborah has been coaching business leaders for over 15 years and in 17 countries.
One of her core beliefs that she uses and tries to teach in her coaching is that happiness, success, and fulfillment can be found in your work and jobs. She believes customers are the backbone of the American economy and better leadership creates a better customer experience.
She sat down with us on our weekly IG LIve Spotlight Series to talk about a neuroscience approach to having a CEO mindset.
Here are her tips for a better mindset:
- One of the first and biggest issues CEOs need to address is low self-worth. Self-sabotage and limiting beliefs lurk in the background, filter into everything in, and ultimately stem from trauma.
- Ignore the chatter around you especially as women, we are taught not to ignore it and live by it but you have to in order to succeed. Push forward and know there are sacrifices that have to be made.
- Often you see female CEO trying to run a company while still trying to run a home and take care of their kids without ever seeking help. This quickly leads to burnout, feelings of guilt.
- Go for long walks without an objective – when you disconnect and recharge in nature, your answers will come. Go any time you can during the day (ideally in the morning) and shut your phone off.
- Meditate and get in tune with yourself. All you need is 15 minutes of focusing on your breath in order to connect with your internal self-guidance and intuition.
- Exercise and practice self-care through daily activity – see this as an investment in your life, future, and happiness.
LISTEN TO THE FULL IGTV LIVE INTERVIEW HERE
FOLLOW DEBORAH AND NEURO ENGINEERING INSTITUTE HERE
CHECK OUT MORE INFORMATION ON HER SERVICES AND PROGRAMS HERE