You know the book, ”The Art Of Saying No”? I never read it, haha. I’m always busy. I have a million sticky notes all over my daily planner and constant calendar notifications. With my businesses and family activities, it’s so essential for me to stay organized and on track. I wanted to share a few productivity hacks I have learned over the years.
- Use a planner. Everyone forgets things throughout the day, so to make sure you stay focused using a planner to schedule out your day and week ahead.
- Pick your top 3 tasks you must complete each day and anything else you complete is a bonus! Do these 3 things first in the morning.
- Give yourself deadlines. Setting and achieving mini-goals on time will keep you motivated to complete tasks and move on to the next one.
- If you ever feel overwhelmed, remember to breathe, work on one task at a time, and have a plan of action. You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish once you get started and focus. Try to minimize multi-tasking and flip your phone over as much as you can to reduce distractions. I also like to use the 22-minute rule. Set your timer for 22 minutes. You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish in 22 minutes.
- Do not be afraid to delegate. You can’t do it all. It can be as simple as asking your kids to help out with the laundry or dishes a few times a week after they finish their homework. Or finding someone you trust to help you with different projects.
- Try using productivity apps. My new favorite app is Asana! It has helped me get all of my business and project to-do lists in one place. You can invite people you work with to different projects, assign specific people to tasks, check off completed tasks, and schedule reminders.
- Don’t forget to move. It’s easy to get lost in your work, but I recommend scheduling time in your day to get up and move. It could be going to the gym, coffee walk with friends, yoga class, or a run with your dog. You will feel refreshed and energized when you sit back down to work.
What are some of your favorite ways to stay productive? I would love to hear what helps you!